Our dentist and team will provide you with instructions following your treatment if you have received sedation dentistry. These instructions will help you recover and return to normal life as soon as possible. Call Syracuse Dental & Implants at 801-776-2461 if you have any questions about sedation dentistry in Syracuse, Utah, or to schedule a follow-up appointment with Dr. David Cox.
If you have received dental sedation, please make sure you have someone available to drive you home and stay with you for several hours following your appointment. The medications used in dental sedation can alter your perception, memory and coordination, and while full recovery is expected, the day of your procedure you may experience the effects of these medications for up to 24 hours.
The most important thing you can do after receiving a treatment with sedation dentistry is to return home and rest. We recommend that you:
- Avoid operating mechanical or electrical machinery or devices.
- Avoid driving for at least 12 hours.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages or using tobacco products for at least 24 hours.
- Move slowly and ask for assistance when possible.
- Resume taking prescribed medications after you have started drinking fluids again.
- Take any prescriptions related to your procedure as directed.
- Begin drinking liquids in small quantities. Avoid dairy products at first, and progress slowly from liquids to soups to solid foods.
- Increase your diet as desired depending on how you feel, taking care to avoid nausea and possible vomiting.
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact our office and speak with a member of our team.